NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Five residents will be honored during Habitat For Humanity of Westchester’s “Taste of Latino Passion” from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Chase Bank, 491 Main St.
The event is designed to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
Habitat Executive Director Jim Killoran will recognize traditions of the Latin community and honor Sobeida Cruz of the New York Power Authority’s Yonkers Charter School of Educational Excellence; mother, and humanitarian Rosa Rodriguez; community leader Claudio Phillips; retired business owner Joseph Boan; and community leader, and habitat home owner Rafael Motolinia.
Dave Patterson and the Latin Jazz Express, and a DJ will provide musical entertainment.
Attendees will also be able to try Hispanic food from various Latino restaurant and participate in a silent auction.
$25 tickets are available by calling Habitat at (914)636-8335 Ext. 101.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Mariano Rivera Joins Celebs For WFAN, New Rochelle Charity Softball Game
- 4 Bramson: Another Step Forward In Downtown New Rochelle Development Process
- 5 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery