NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Five residents will be honored during Habitat For Humanity of Westchester’s “Taste of Latino Passion” from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Chase Bank, 491 Main St.
The event is designed to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
Habitat Executive Director Jim Killoran will recognize traditions of the Latin community and honor Sobeida Cruz of the New York Power Authority’s Yonkers Charter School of Educational Excellence; mother, and humanitarian Rosa Rodriguez; community leader Claudio Phillips; retired business owner Joseph Boan; and community leader, and habitat home owner Rafael Motolinia.
Dave Patterson and the Latin Jazz Express, and a DJ will provide musical entertainment.
Attendees will also be able to try Hispanic food from various Latino restaurant and participate in a silent auction.
$25 tickets are available by calling Habitat at (914)636-8335 Ext. 101.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester