NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The musical comedy “A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum," with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, will be presented by The College of New Rochelle in the school’s Romita Auditorium at 29 Castle Place throughout the weekend and Tuesday.
Performances will begin at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. There also will be matinees Saturday and Sunday.
The play, set in ancient Rome, was written by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart (of "M*A*S*H" fame). The show was the first major effort for which Sondheim wrote both music and lyrics. He previously had written lyrics only for the Broadway hits "West Side Story" and "Gypsy."
“Forum” is directed by Laurie Castaldo, and the musical director is Kurt Kelley. CNR graduate student Jessica Bittner is in charge of choreography.
The cast includes residents Scott Zimmerman, Erica and Peter Ackerman, Marc Wagner and Alejandro Funes. Nick Masson, BJ Markus, Patricia Olson and Dan Pivovar are also in the cast
General admission tickets cost $25, $20 for seniors and $15 for students. Group rates are available.
Call (914) 654-5373 to reserve seats or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Seating is limited.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York