NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Never fear, there is no shortage of wings at New Rochelle and Pelham bars and restaurants this Super Bowl weekend, though you may want to make reservations at popular pubs.
The Washington, D.C. based National Chicken Council issued a release late last week that prompted media frenzy over the possibility of a chicken wing shortage.
There may be about one percent fewer birds available this year due to drought as well as record high corn and feed prices, according to Bill Roenigk, chief economist and market analyst at the council, who added chicken companies produced fewer birds last year. Wings are currently the highest priced part of the chicken, wholesaling for a record-high $2.11 a pound.
However, Roenigk assured consumers that they should not worry about any shortage of wings anytime soon, especially on Super Bowl Sunday. Americans are still estimated to consume about 1.23 billion chicken wings during the weekend, according to the council.
“The good news for consumers is that restaurants plan well in advance to ensure they have plenty of wings for the big game,” said Roenigk, in the release.
Here are some of the best spots in New Rochelle and Pelham to watch New Rochelle’s own Ray Rice, running back of the Baltimore Ravens, face off with the San Francisco 49ers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans on Sunday:
• Buffalo Wild Wings, located at 33 Lecoup Place in New Rochelle, isn’t running any specials but you can eat your wings with a choice of 20 different sauces of varying spicy. There are also more than 30 large flat screen TVs that will broadcast the game wherever you turn. Call 914-637-9453 for more information.
• Beechmont Tavern at 750 N. Avenue in New Rochelle has $10 Coors Light pitchers and $3 domestic drafts specials for the big game. Call 914-636-9533 for more information.
• B&B’s 5th Avenue Pub, located at 531 Fifth Ave. in Pelham, will have plenty of food and wedges available for game spectators. Call 914-738-8750.
• Chaps Bar & Grill, located at 217 Wolfs Lane in Pelham, will be running various food specials Sunday. Call 914-738-4622 for more information.
• Don Coqui, located at 115 Cedar Street in New Rochelle, has a $35 cover charge that includes all you can eat and drink open bar beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the bar lounge. Call 914-637-3738 for more information.
• New Roc City, located at 19 Lecount Place in New Rochelle, will host a Super Bowl party from 5 p.m. to close with half price bowling, $2 drink specials, $2.50 import specials and a Funhouse special of $19.99 per person for three hours of unlimited games, rides, lazer tag and one game of mini golf. Call 914-637-7575 for more information.
• On The Waterfront, located at 2 Pelham Road in New Rochelle, will serve up two-for-one drinks and two-for-one appetizers on Sunday. Call 914-365-1556 for more information.
• Smokehouse Tailgate Grill, located at 606 N. Avenue in New Rochelle, is taking reservations for bar and table seating. Bar seats are $10 for 12 wings and a beer. Smokehouse also has delivery available with a minimum of $20. Call 914-813-8686 for more information.
• Spectators Sports Pub & Restaurant, located at 219 N. Avenue in New Rochelle, will have draft beer specials, half-time food and giveaways during the game. Call 914-636-9522 for more information.
Where will you be celebrating when the Super Bowl XLVII kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday? Comment below!
On game day, check back with The Daily Voice for localized coverage of Superbowl celebrations.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies