NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City Council brought new life to the Echo Bay development project Tuesday, July 8, when it selected a new developer for the mixed-use proposal, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Officials agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding with Twining Properties, the New York City-based company that finished second in the original bidding process in 2006, WCBJ reported.
The Echo Bay project was originally awarded to Forest City Residential Inc. but was scrapped due to vehement community opposition, WCBJ said.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Rochelle
- 3 Video Appears To Show New Rochelle Police Drawing Guns Over Snowball Fight
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In New Rochelle