NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City Council brought new life to the Echo Bay development project Tuesday, July 8, when it selected a new developer for the mixed-use proposal, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Officials agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding with Twining Properties, the New York City-based company that finished second in the original bidding process in 2006, WCBJ reported.
The Echo Bay project was originally awarded to Forest City Residential Inc. but was scrapped due to vehement community opposition, WCBJ said.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola