NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle businesses that are looking for summer help can turn to the Center for College & Careers (CCC) program at the Guidance Center of Westchester.
The CCC staff, who regularly work with students from New Rochelle High School, are in the process of interviewing and screening more than 60 applicants, 31 of whom will be selected for summer employment opportunities.
“This is really a win-win for local businesses,” said Laura Achkar, director of the Center for College and Careers. “Not only does the Guidance Center of Westchester staff interview and screen the applicants but also, thanks to a grant from the Westchester/Putnam Local Workforce Investment Board, the salary for the student employees is covered.”
The Guidance Center of Westchester counselors also provide weekly job coaching and supervision visits.
Students ages 14-20 will work five hours per day for a total of 20 hours a week. The program runs Monday, July 7 through Friday, Aug. 15.
Businesses or agencies interested in hiring one of the student employees can contact the CCC at CCC@TheGuidanceCenter.org or (914) 479-7204.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'