NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle businesses that are looking for summer help can turn to the Center for College & Careers (CCC) program at the Guidance Center of Westchester.
The CCC staff, who regularly work with students from New Rochelle High School, are in the process of interviewing and screening more than 60 applicants, 31 of whom will be selected for summer employment opportunities.
“This is really a win-win for local businesses,” said Laura Achkar, director of the Center for College and Careers. “Not only does the Guidance Center of Westchester staff interview and screen the applicants but also, thanks to a grant from the Westchester/Putnam Local Workforce Investment Board, the salary for the student employees is covered.”
The Guidance Center of Westchester counselors also provide weekly job coaching and supervision visits.
Students ages 14-20 will work five hours per day for a total of 20 hours a week. The program runs Monday, July 7 through Friday, Aug. 15.
Businesses or agencies interested in hiring one of the student employees can contact the CCC at CCC@TheGuidanceCenter.org or (914) 479-7204.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire